Thursday, November 19, 2009

Here mousie mousie....

So, a couple nights ago, about 9:30, I woke up (YES, I go to bed early!!) to a chewing sound. I listened for a few minutes and could not figure out what it was, other than something in the room doing what sounded like chewing on woodwork. Hmm. I got up as quietly as I could and told Doug, but of course whatever it was had stopped. Ok. I'm crazy. Go back to bed.

So early this morning, 3:30 AM, I wake up thinking I hear it again. Shhhh....listen.....yep, there it is again. I start to say something to Doug but he's awake too, listening. Whatever it is is in our bathroom having a meal.

He gets up, closes the bathroom door and gets dressed, grabs a broom. We go in there, turn on the light and wait. While standing there I look in the whirlpool at all the "crap" on the bottom (Wes had taken a bath and it was full of dirt) and thought "what the heck is that...it looks like mouse crap all over the tub?" There was this tall plastic container that we use to hold water to rinse out the tub with, laying on it's side. This "crap" was all over it too, so I pick it up to get a closer look (no glasses or contacts mind you). Well, I'm holding it for a few seconds, looking at it, and then turn it to look inside. There's a MOUSE in there!! A big'un too!

So we get a plate to cover it (should say I got a plate to cover it, Doug hates mice) and carried it out to the deck. Left it covered as a treat for our three ravenous cats in the morning. : )

Never did get back to sleep, so I'm now on my 2nd cup of coffee as I write...gonna be a long day, but anyway, when I get up each morning the cats are starving and wanting to be fed immediately. Yes, I feed them before getting myself anything. Anyway, I stepped outside and took the plate off the container and watched poor mr. mousie, who had no defense at all at this point, be captured and carried off. Yay!! Crusty, the momma cat, is an excellent hunter, and she got a nice hot morning treat today.

So....today I'm thankful that:

We got the mouse and it was easy to capture. Actually no capturing involved!

I have plenty of coffee here and at work to keep me going all day.

Hmm....what else. Oh! Oh!! I got my new hairdryer last night, and it is SO dang nice! I LOVE it. My hair is shiny and bouncy and wow...I feel like a teenager who's discovering makeup and how to look good! LOL. I like looking good. : )

Oh, AND, I got this "deal" email promotion, and just bought myself a certificate for a $50 facial, which I've had before and absolutely loved, at Aveda in Minneapolis. Cost is $25. Yay. Love deals. And while I was at it, I bought another certificate for a body wrap at a spa in Maple Grove, $75 value for $25. Yay. Love deals. And guess what?? I can go shopping....in my pajamas!! LOL. Ah....shopping.

Now there's something to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment