Monday, November 16, 2009

Blessing Beginnings

Ok, so I've been feeling a little down, discouraged, frustrated, irritated and generally not very happy with life lately, so I decided I needed to do this...write down my BLESSINGS and GOOD things that happen and try to focus on them. Nothing major has happened really to make me feel this way, I just get like this occassionally and want it to stop!! I hate feeling like this!!

My goal (ok, now I'm really, really not all that good at making OR hitting goals, LOL) is to write down at least 3 blessings/good things that happen each day. So here goes (this one might be longer):

Good things/blessings lately:

I have a family who really does love me and a husband who really is a kind, wonderful guy (I'm having a hard time NOT thinking about the snoring, loud tv, etc. right now...but I want to try and focus on the GOOD things, right?!)

I have a home to live in and a job to go to that's really not a bad job. For the forseeable future that job is pretty secure without worrying about lay-offs or job cuts. I get to interact with "our future" (teenagers) and hopefully give some kindness to some of them who really need it. My boss is good to work for.

I have the best friend anyone could ask for. : )

I have a vehicle that gets me where I need/want to go.

I get summers off work. And some pretty good long weekends/weeks off during the school year.

I get to run my own business (ok, now a lot of these are double-sided blessings/curses, and it's hard for me not to write "the business sucks a lot more of my time than I really want it to because of the other job. If I could work just one of them, I'd be happier (the soap wins)." So...bear with me as I try to focus on just the GOOD things in life without bitching about the other side of the blessing!

Sigh..........ok......

I have a dog who adores everyone in the house (but again..........the FUR shedding!! How do I do this without writing about the "other side??")

I'm skinny. (psycho laughter) OMG, this one cracks me up. I'm skinny. Now THAT really brought a smile to my face because that accomplishment alone has brought me so much. And it's really been pretty dang easy (with the surgery). Strangers are nicer to me (so why are people so mean/unfriendly to fat people?). I can SHOP anywhere...well, not really...I can't shop Lane Bryant anymore because their clothes are too BIG for me now! I can get clothes extremely cheap because I can shop anywhere and shop the clearance racks a LOT (ok, I really do need to stop shopping...but how?!) ; ) Clothes generally look good on me now, and I have a blast getting ready in the morning, picking out clothes and accessories, knowing that I look good now.

Ok, that was uplifting. Let's see...

My kids are not drug dealers, psychopaths or general losers. They're good kids (young adults really) and I see more and more maturity out of them all the time. Yay!!

I've recently been "given" (ok, really that should say WE, not I) a chunk of (tax-free!) money to help live on since Doug's accident. Not a huge windfall we can go out and blow on fun things, but we'll be ok and won't have to worry about how the bills will get paid, whether he's gonna have a no-pay week because of crappy weather, or issues like that. I need to stop being angry and feeling ripped off that it wasn't more (which I totally think was deserved, but not according to "the system"), and feel blessed that we got it at all, because it really is gonna save our rears.

Ok, that should get me going. I don't know yet whether I'll be writing in here in the morning or evening or whatever, but I'm gonna try to keep this going fairly regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment